Friday, January 20, 2012

Computer Build of the Month, Jan 2012

I just recently completed a pc build that I through together from a bunch of good extra parts I had and I am thoroughly impressed with the results. It isn't the fastest machine I have ever built but it very nice and stable. Here is what is in my build:

  • AMD Sempron 140, 2.7GHz AM3 CPU
  • 2 GB of DDR2 800mhz
  • MSI Motherboard #K9N6P6M2
  • 120 GB Hard Drive
  • Radeon 5450 HD Graphics Card, 512MB
  • Linux Mint operating system
  • Passmark CPU Rating: 764
  • Blowfish CPU Test: 13.35 seconds
 This system is stable, fast and consumes a lot less power than your standard 65 - 95 watt cpu. The Sempron 140 is rated at 45 watts which is preferred for green energy applications. This CPU is also a great candidate for overclocking and unlocking one of its cores. My current MSI motherboard will not support core unlocking for this processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment