Monday, November 7, 2011

The Desktop Is Not Dead

I have heard a lot and read a lot of articles that say the desktop is dead. I am here to say that is a lie! I am sure many retailers and big buisness want you to think the desktop is dead but there are many good reason to have one still as your main computer. I myself still prefer the feel and use of a full size keyboard and large computer screen. I feel the laptop and smart phone are nice to have but to really enjoy computer work one must have a nice desktop. High powered desktops are not just for the gamer. They are really great for doing high end graphics and CAD design.

The desktop is the only system that you can heavily customize based on your application. You can build yourself anything from a low cost internet machine to a high end 3D gaming rig that will blow you away. You cannot do that with your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. I think that is how future corporations want things to be. The desktop will still enjoy everyday use in most companies, schools, and other institutions so I don't think we have anything to worry about. Stay tuned for more of my posts and updated pages that will show you how to build your own affordable computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment